Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just a Few Questions From a Progressive

Okay...excuse my language...but what the fuck is going on in this country?  I cannot even wrap my head what has gone on in the past 6 months.  I think about it a lot and it's scary.  I hate to pull a Carl Paladino here, but I'm mad.  I'm really mad and I have some questions for the republicans. 

You say you want to save money.  You say you want us to live within our means.  If that is the case, then can you please explain to me how a person is supposed to live within their means when you keep asking them to pay out of pocket for things you get for free?  Can you please explain to me how cutting health care to women's clinics is not an attack on women and the poor in general?  Can you please explain to me how controlling my health care choices fits into your 'small government' argument?  Can you please explain to me how causing more unintended pregnancies, which a good percentage will eventually be put on welfare/medicaid, will save you money?   Can you please explain to me how much further you will be going and what is your endgame? 

I might be able to form more rational thoughts within the next 24 hours and make a nice progressive argument against this bullshit, but right now I'm just a little mentally worn out.   Rank hypocrisy will do that to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment