Friday, April 1, 2011

Just One More Reason I Heart Bernie Sanders

Writing this I realized that it's not going to come off as cool as I think it is.  But I wanted to put this out there mostly because it made me laugh, but because it shows how misinformed the mainstream republicans are.  And when I say mainstream, I mean middle of the road conservatives, not the super right wing fringe.  

Former RNC Communications Director, Doug Heye:   "I don’t remember any negotiations on Health Care.  I remember they were using the old Charlie Rich song “Behind Closed Doors” where Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid were negotiating between themselves but not allowing Republicans in the room.  We were not a part of that process." 

Senator Bernie Sanders:   "Doug, I am on the Health committee.  There were days and weeks and months of debate many republican amendments were accepted.  Trust me.  Republicans were part of the debate."

This was from tonight's 'Real Time with Bill Maher'.  Yeah, I know, clearly I have a lefty bias.  That being said,  I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to take the word of the guy who was in the room at the time. 

@SenatorSanders, @billmaher, @DougHeye

2 comments:

  1. Sanders nailed that whole show with applause numerous times, love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Kait, I watched most of his filibuster on the tax compromise and loved every second of it! He's not afraid to stand up for the little guy. Maybe that's because he's an Independent!

    ReplyDelete